- Would you like to gather views and share valuable patient experience?
- Would you like to work as a team with other patients?
- Would you like to have a say in decisions made about healthcare provision in North Tyneside?
If you have answered yes to any of the above you may wish to join our practice patient group.
For more information please leave your name and telephone number with the receptionist and our practice manager will give you a call.
ABOUT THE PATIENT GROUP
We value the views of our patients and regularly carry out surveys to gain their perspective on how we perform as a practice.
We also have a Patient Forum who meet regularly with Practice Staff. The Group is made up of volunteer patients together with a Practice Partner, Practice Manager, and practice staff.
The primary aim of the group is to provide a patient voice and promote a patient led culture. They provide the patient perspective, ensuring the services provided meet patient needs and priorities - a "critical friend".
Patient Representatives from the Group also regularly visit individual branches to find out from patients what they think of the service we provide and to ensure waiting rooms meet agreed standards.
Over the last few years the Patient Group has been instrumental in helping us make the following improvements for the benefit of our patients.
- extra staff answering the telephone at peak times.
- hand sanitizers located in all public areas.
- Late night surgery at Hadrian Park.
- Changes to the appointments system
- Magazines in the waiting rooms - now removed for infection control.
- messages on white boards i.e. if a doctor is running late.
- patient information re surgery times.
- information about how to make a complaint.
- letter to bereaved relatives
- appointments available on line.
- standardised notice boards.
- resource folder
- more user friendly practice web site.
- improved telephone access over lunch time.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form